Friday, July 1, 2011

Race Day - The swim is cancelled! : )

Do I seem disappointed? I am not. : ) I was not looking forward to swimming in the ocean with a wetsuit for the first time in 65 degree waters. Nope, not disappointed at all. The reason is because of a lot of rain yesterday, that flooded the sewer system, that ran into the ocean. They are just being really cautious, which I appreciate!

Now I just have to do a 18K (11.2 miles) bike, and a 4K (2.5 mile) run. It will probably take me an hour and 10 minutes.

I put Wesley in his "Born to Run" onesie from Aunt Katie. I think it is an appropriate outfit for cheering me on.

We will try to remember to take a picture to post on my blog.

After the race, it will be time to get really EXCITED about seeing my sister and her boyfriend tomorrow. They will be staying a week and I can't wait!

Have a good weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, now I almost would have wanted to participate as well :)
    When are you planning on starting your race? We might come by and cheer for you on our way to Fed Fredag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´cheer for you! go Amber go!!!!!!!
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping to get there at 5:30 and start the race at 6. I guess it depends on how many others decide to do the same. Of course, I need to confirm with Wesley this is how he sees it too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. We cant wait to be there!! By the way, I think you will be done in 1:05. :-) Good luck honey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Crystal she was even faster than that!! 1 hour and 12 sec - and she was a bit annoyed that she didn't pushed it and Got under 1 hour! I thought she was awsome :-)
    Mette

    ReplyDelete