Monday, July 25, 2011

"Very Good" Blueberry Muffins

My family has been talking about a blueberry muffin recipe for the past week. A coworker of Crystal's brought them to work, and so the story begins. The blueberry muffin recipe is called "To Die for Blueberry Muffins". I thought these better be good with such a bold name! I am not sure how many foods are "to die for" and even then would I pick a blueberry muffin?

I made these, and have to admit they are very good. I am notoriously known for having my family send me cake, cookie, and muffin mixes to me here in Denmark. DH even asked me which mix I used. Oops. I guess I better start baking a little more from scratch. Here is the recipe:

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1/3 cup milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Directions

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.

2.Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.

3.To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.

4.Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.

Amber's Note: This recipe makes 8 HUGE muffins. I cut all of the ingredients in half (except the egg, just used a small one) and then made 6 muffins. It is a much better size.

Whip some up, and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm.... sounds soooo tasty! Please post a picture of these muffins ;=)

    ReplyDelete