Friday, July 15, 2011

My First After Baby "Long" Run

So I went and did a 9 mile run today. I am not in double digits yet with my marathon training, but today felt like a milestone. I felt ok the whole time (took it nice and slow), and had a good playlist to listen too.

I am one of these people who obsess before every run about the following things:

1. the weather
2. what I will wear (shorts or pants, long sleeves vs short sleeves)
3. what I will bring to drink
4. If I should wear sunglasses and/or visor

Today I went out with long sleeves, shorts, sunglasses (even though it was cloudy, they are like my blankie and make me feel safe), visor, music, heart rate monitor, fuel belt, one little bottle of water, and another one with water and an electrolyte tablet (DH hooked me up). This was all for a little 9 mile run.

I felt prepared until half way through I started experiencing "chub rub" also known as chafing. I FORGOT TO PUT ON BODYGLIDE! Oh well, I will definitely remember it next time. Now that my long run is over, I can relax because it is the WEEKEND!!

1 comment:

  1. My biggest concern is knowing where all the potties are on my run. :-) You will be at 20 miles in no time. Way to go babe!

    ReplyDelete