Monday, May 2, 2011

Maybe I should add "Food" to my blog name

Because I sure do talk about it a lot! What can I say, I like to eat. : )

Monday Recipe!

Background:
So I had some potato salad on our trip to Skagen that was so yummy. It was made with mayo, which I usually don't like to cook with, but don't mind eating it if it is already in something.

DH and I talked about grilling out yesterday, but because the weather was a little cooler, and we were being lazy, we decided to stay at home, and to make a pork tenderloin, steamed broccoli, and the following potato salad:

Dilled Potato Salad with Feta

2 pounds small red potatoes, unpeeled
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 tablespoons chopped fresh or 1 tablespoon dried dill
1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
1 cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese

Bring potatoes and water covered to a boil. Cook 25 to 30 minutes or just until tender; drain and cool. Cut potatoes into quarters.
Whisk together vinegar, oil, dill, salt, and pepper. Pour over warm potatoes.
Stir in chopped bell pepper, cucumber, and green onions; add cheese, and toss to combine. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.

Here are our "modifications":

I roasted fingerling potatoes instead of boiling them. Just 35 minutes at an oven temp of 400 F (200 C). I also used balsamic vinegar instead of red wine vinegar, and added a little more dill since I could barely taste it. This is a great salad to take to a picnic since it is mayoless. Was that a word?

Any suggestions on what to do with all of this leftover dill?

1 comment:

  1. You come by that "food" thing naturally!! : )
    That recipe sounds really delicious!!

    ReplyDelete