Friday, March 11, 2011

What's for dinner?

This is going to be a frequent post, I think.

Since we have moved to the "suburbs" of Arhus, (3 miles from the city center) we have been really good about staying in and cooking. The Danes typically "go out to eat" about once per month (so my colleagues tell me), and with good reason! It is expensive to eat out, and there is not many places in between fast food and fine dining.

DH and I started eating out 2 times a week when we moved here, and now we are down to just one day a week, usually Saturday night.

So by Friday, after a week of cooking, I have run out of ideas and inspiration. On my walk to the bus stop this morning I quickly ran through my head what I had eaten this week:

Sunday: Salsa soup and quesadillas
Monday: Greek salad and almond butter and banana sandwich
Tuesday: uhh, pancakes :)
Wednesday: Pizza night (homemade)
Thursday: Moussaka, salad, bread
Friday??????

It took me about 5 seconds to realize that I had not eaten any fish this week! Yikes! I am supposed to have at least two servings to get my omega 3s which are good for the little alien in me! Oops.

A quick and easy meal for us is salmon with a spice rub, sweet potatoes, and a green veggie. All can be put in the oven at the same time, at the same temperature and it does not require any babysitting.

What are you having for dinner tonight?

5 comments:

  1. The thing about American lifestyle is that eating out is social. I met up with two friends this past week and of course we went out. It was a Tuesday and Thursday night!! haha Plus, I already have dinner plans Saturday night and Sunday brunch. Ay-yi-yi...Super expensive BUT Fun! Probably staying in tonight and eating a veggie burger or leftover pizza. Your weekly meals look way healthier than what I usually eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy AND healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Check out this site, i have been loving it for yummy, healthy dinners: www.skinnytaste.com. A few of my favorites are: Sante Fe Chicken, Chicken and Bean Enchiladas, and Spinach Lasagna Rolls. (this is Mary Beth)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the pancake-dinner was SO yummi... do we have to wait a whole year for next time ?? ; - )
    (btw: only bread today - BUT I´m good at getting my hot meals)
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had pecan crusted tilapia last night. Super easy recipe....I'll email it to you.

    ReplyDelete