Monday, October 17, 2011

Mixed Feelings : /


In one week, we will be back in Denmark. We have had an amazing, crazy, fun filled, jam packed, trip with our family. Wesley has just started a good routine the past couple of days where he is going to sleep without fussing between 7-8, only waking a couple of times, and falling right back to sleep. Well rested parents = Happy Parents : )

I will miss a lot of things in the US especially the family. It has been a delight to see how well Wesley takes to everyone holding him and interacting with him. I also will miss the convenience of things here. How it is easy to get anything you want in any flavor in any grocery store. I will miss the shopping, even though I am bringing back a nice fall wardrobe for me. Wesley was so good on the trip, DH bought him an iPad. Hmm, I think DH bought himself an iPad.

I am looking forward to being back in Denmark, though. Denmark is our home now. It is where our stuff is, our jobs are. It is where I will put Wesley in childcare in a couple months as I prepare to return to work. DH and I are ready to have our bikes back to ride. I am ready to see my friends there too.

We already have a couple of trips planned for the US next year, so between emails, video, pictures, and Skype, the family will see Wesley grow in to a sweet young boy.

We are ready to continue our adventure in Denmark, and are planning a few 5K and 10K races this fall/winter to keep our fitness in check. Wesley may even get to do his first race. : )

1 comment:

  1. I dó understand the mixed feelings.. It must be hard leaving family in the U.S.. But your Danish family are waiting for You :-)
    Mette

    ReplyDelete