Monday, August 22, 2011

Update from Canada

Ahhh....vacation. I love it. I get so annoyed when people call my maternity leave a "vacation". Seriously, I work 24 hours a day now as a mom. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it is life and perspective changing to have a little one.

So we are at a cottage in Canada on a lake, and that is about all I can tell you about our location. I have no idea the town we are in, what body of water is out my window, or how far we are from Toronto where we flew in. The cottage sits right on the water. What is it about just looking at water, that makes me feel so calm and relaxed?

My days are spent either running or riding my new bike, and spending time with the family. They are such a BIG help with Wesley. It is nice to have a break, and I think they are enjoying getting to know the new member to the family.

Wesley is such a good sport being passed around and having people in his face. I start looking for his cues that he needs some quiet time, and move him away to go kick in his crib and stare off in space.

I have some good pictures to post of Wesley. He got all dressed up for the family wedding we attended, and was such a charmer. Check back on Wednesday. Wesley wants to say hello.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds soooo wonderful! I find staring at water very relaxing too:-) enjoy enjoy and who cares where one are, if it's just a beautiful place with You loved once right?
    Mette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber sounds like a perfect vacation, so happy for you, I'll have to keep following your blog!

    ReplyDelete