Happy New Year!
After a wonderful Christmas with Katie here, we are winding down and ready to ring in the New Year. So many wonderful things have happened this past year, and I am thinking it can only get better.
The next year will be a year of firsts:
- My first time as a working mom (Wesley goes to day care on January 2nd, and I will be back full-time on January 16th.)
- The first time I will be in not one but two weddings! (Super excited about this, Kelley and Crystal).
- First time we take big family vacations. (Canary Islands in March. Me likey.)
That only covers the first part of the year. : )
I have been thinking about New Years resolutions, and while I won't set any real goals, I want to keep the following things in mind next year:
1. I want to eat in moderation and never go on a diet again. I can have anything I want, but just a little of it if it is naughty.
2. With Wesley, dining out is a rare occasion, so I want to continue to be adventurous in the kitchen and try out new recipes. (You are always welcome to send good idiot proof recipes my way.)
2. I plan to add a few more cross training sessions into my weekly running. Running is easy logistically, but 4 days in a row, and I start remembering I am, um, in my 30s.
3. I plan to treasure every moment I have with Wesley, and really be in the present. Before I know it he will be grown up, so I must make the most of our time everyday. I also want to be better about this with the DH.
4. I want to be sure I am thankful everyday for all of my blessings.
We are planning a quiet evening tomorrow to ring in the New Year. The DH and I will cook dinner, drink some wine, talk, and probably watch a couple episodes of Modern Family.
Do you make resolutions? If so, good luck, and have a happy and safe New Year everyone!