Monday, November 7, 2011

Wesley's first race!


Well, Wesley has done several races as an inside baby. He has attended many races, but yesterday was the first race where he actually was on the course. This was definitely a family effort:

This race we did yesterday is apart of a 4 race series in order to try to have the best time and win the "cup". Adam is good enough to actually win the cup, while in my division there are 50 year old women running 40 minute 10Ks. Yep, this is just going to be a "fun" race series for me, where I will not worry about time.

The neat thing about these races is that it is a 5K loop you either do once, or twice if you signed up for the 10K. I signed up for the 10K, while Adam signed up for the 5K. I ran the first loop with Wesley in the stroller while Adam "raced" his 5K. He then met me, took the stroller, and did a 5K cool down, while I ran my second loop without the stroller.

Wesley did wonderful the whole time. He is such a trooper. My friend Megan, who is also a runner, asks the question on her blog "are we bad parents?" for getting our kids out of bed, bundling them up, putting them in a jogging stroller, etc? I sometimes wonder this myself, but in the end, I say they are getting fresh air, a change of scenery, and an impression that normal people run all the time. This is way better than sitting in front of a TV, right?

Hope you have a good Monday!

1 comment:

  1. It is great that Wesley is learning that exercise is a daily thing in his family. Y'all are great parents! Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete