Friday, November 18, 2011

3-2-1 Let's Shred!

Any "shredders" out there? There seems to be a fitness cult in regards to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. The concept is simple. You do the DVD, everyday, for 30 days, and bam, you are fit. (Eyes are rolling). The workout is only 20 minutes long. (Um, that is usually my warmup.) The breakdown is 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs. You repeat this about 3 times and with a warmup and cool down you get your 20 minute workout. I actually like the concept. It changes enough to keep you interested, and I need to focus on my core. I think I will try this out on Monday. I need something constructive to do while Wesley takes a nap, and it does not need to be baking. :) Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Baking sounds preferable to me!!
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how this goes. I, too, am always super skeptical about this stuff, so let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber - I have the DVD...when Tony was gone and my workout time was VERY limited (I couldn't run outside in the morning b/c I couldn't leave Sam at home alone...and in Florida in the summer, it's unbearable to run at 5pm after work, while pushing a stroller...) I did the 30 day shred 3 times a week or so. Level 1 is pretty easy, but 2 and 3 ramp it up a little bit. You can make it more difficult by using heavier weights. I was always in a pretty good sweat by the end of it. It's a good mix up from just running because of the weights involved. I can't say I was "shredded" after 30 days, but I did notice a little difference. I haven't kept it up recently b/c I broke my tailbone a few weeks ago (no sit ups, lunges or squats with a broken tailbone - ouch!). Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started with this as my first workout after pregnancy. It is a good workout but I really don't think if you are already fit (like you) that one 20 min session will be enough. Sometimes now that I workout more I will do 2 together, like start with 1 and immediately follow with the 2nd or 3rd. Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete