Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jogging Strollers

Yep, I am in the market to buy one. I have narrowed it down to the Bob Revolution brand and either the SE model or the Ironman model. The SE model has a swivel front wheel which makes it a more multipurpose stroller, and costs a little more. The Ironman is mainly for jogging, and costs a little less. Which one, which one which one???? Whichever one I buy, I will be bringing back to Denmark with me.

Anyone have one or the other and love it? I hate buying things without trying it out first. I have been checking the Boston Craigslist to see if I can find one used.

We have been settling into our life here in Boston. We are staying with Crystal in her apartment in the heart of the city. I love the noise, the people, the shopping, BUT people here are so naughty at the crosswalks! All the pedestrians just walk in the middle of the street, and make cars stop to avoid hitting them. Seriously, are people so busy they can not wait the 1 minute for the light to change?

Between now and my next blog post, I plan to try the Pumpkin Spice Latte either from Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts since everyone is talking about it on Facebook. I will report back.

Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

  1. We have a BOB and love it. I picked a fixed front wheel because we mainly use it on the trails in the foothills (which demand a fixed front wheel) and in stroller aerobic class. I think it is much easier to run with the fixed front wheel because every bump in the road does not cause the stroller to change direction. If you are going to also use it as your every day stroller get the moveable front wheel; however, I am not a proponent of using the jogging stroller as the main stroller. Think about how hard it would be take that stroller on the train, on buses, fold it up everyday and put it in the car, in the airport through security, etc. We bought a light, compact, easily manipulated stroller for everyday use (and definitely would have bought the same one if we were still in the Netherlands- Bugaboo Bee).

    And, Callahan loves it and regularly eats her breakfast in it in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, we have the Revolution SE and the swivel wheel can be locked in a fixed position. Go check them out in person, they should have them at your local REI store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Laura for your comments above! I loved the cute picture of Callahan this morning!

    Thanks, Tom K! I checked it out and with a 20% discount, I can buy a BOB for about the price they are asking for them on Craigslist. How are y'all doing?

    ReplyDelete